- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 small peperoncini (hot peppers), diced
- 7 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 pound clams in shells (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 12 ounces pasta
- Place a large pan on the stove on high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, half of the minced garlic, half of the diced pepper, and the tomatoes. Salt to taste and stir. Lower the heat to medium, cover the pan, and cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- To make the pasta, fill a large pot with water, add 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente. Drain pasta and return to the pot.
- In a pan over high heat add 4 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining garlic and pepper. Cook until it sizzles. Add the clams, cover, and reduce to medium heat. Turn off the heat after all the clams have opened.
- Add the clams to the tomato sauce. Add parsley and carefully mix together. Pour the sauce into the pot with the warmed pasta. Gently mix and serve.