- 14 ounces cake flour
- 4 eggs
- Place flour on a clean countertop and form a mound.
- Make a well in the center and crack the eggs in the well. Work the eggs into the flour for 5-10 minutes to form dough. Knead the dough with the palms of your hand until it is stiff and no longer sticky.
- Roll out the dough, starting at the center and rolling outward in all directions. If needed, carefully turn the dough and continue to roll from the center outward, ultimately obtaining a large, very thin circle of dough. Allow the dough to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Starting at a spot on the outer rim of the dough circle, lift up the dough and carefully fold it back and forth like an accordion, stacking each new fold on top of the previous one. Use a sharp knife to cut strips of dough about 1/3rd inch wide. Pick up about eight strips of pasta at a time and rest them on a platter in a nest.
- To cook the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove and bring it to a rolling boil. Add the pasta, add salt to taste, and cook pasta al dente. Drain and serve with sauce.