- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2 ¾ cups bread crumbs
- Water, for soaking bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cooking oil, such as soybean oil or canola
Directions for the sauce
- Sauté the garlic clove in olive oil on medium low heat.
- When it starts to sizzle add in the wine and let it reduce.
- Add salt to taste. Keep the sauce warm while preparing the meatballs. Remove garlic clove before serving.
Directions for preparing the meatballs
- Soak bread crumbs in water until soft, then drain and squeeze the excess water out. In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients except oil and mix together. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch diameter or slightly larger.
- Place enough cooking oil in a pan to cover the meatballs when frying. Turn heat to medium and add meatballs. Reduce heat to low and cook about 5-7 minutes or until done all the way through.
- Carefully remove meatballs from oil and combine with the sauce. Simmer over low heat to blend flavors.